Getting up and moving in the mornings isn’t always easy, especially now that most of us have been used to staying indoors due to the pandemic. On some days, you may even wake up feeling sluggish, aching, and full of tension, which can be caused by being less physically active during the day or working on the laptop for lengthy periods.
Yes, we know. Crawling from the bed and getting yourself on wheels to the gym before your morning activities begin can become a task, not to mention a liability, since it’ll be hard to practice social distancing while working out.
So to help you kick start your day (without stepping out of your home), wake up your muscles with these nine easy morning exercises and feel great the whole day! Roll out from your bed and work it out!
Power Push Ups
Power push-up is one of the simplest morning exercises you can do at home. It’ll help you lose weight, improve your metabolism, and strengthen your whole body, as it uses nearly every muscle in your body and prevents you from having any kind of injury as you work out.
- Keep an upside V posture by knees bend and butts out
- Bend your knees and shift the weight forward, bending your elbows in a full push-up position
- Press your hips back up and maintain the V posture
- Bounce back and forth between the two postures for about 1 minute
Include this great workout in your morning exercise routine and pump up your heart rate and blood flow! Jumping jacks will also help tone your calves and deltoids!
- Stand straight with feet together
- Jump up while spreading your arms and legs
- Return back to the initial position and repeat for at least 1 or 1 and a half minutes
Before you drain yourself out with more rigorous home workouts, warm up your body and mind with some inchworm stretches! Doing stretches will activate your core muscles and stretch your back and hamstrings.
- Stand straight with arms by your sides
- Inhale and raise your arms overhead, lifting your chest up
- Exhale and slowly move down to the floor to press your hands flat on the floor
- Bend your knees until your palms are on the floor
- Lower your torso into a full plank position.
- Bring the shoulders overhand, shifting the weight forward
- Release your hips gently and arch your lower back, lifting up head and chest to the ceiling
- Exhale and lift yourself up to the plank position. Hold for 1 count
- Now walk your hands back to the initial position and repeat
Double Leg Lift
Use this exercise as an effective ab workout, working both your upper and lower abs. Double leg lifts are an ideal core strength builder (when done correctly). Though it can be quite challenging, it’ll be a perfect morning workout for beginners.
- Lie face up on a mat or floor
- Extend the legs up to the ceiling, till your body forms a 90-degree angle
- Keep your arms by sides
- By engaging your core, gently lower the legs down to the mat
Squats are always a favorite exercise, be it at home or the gym. The best thing about them is they’re the perfect exercise for weight loss. Along with that, squats strengthen the legs, hips, and knees all at once.
- With your feet slightly more than shoulder width apart, raise your arms in front of you
- Sink into a squat position, by bending your knees and pushing the butts out.
- Push yourself up with your heels back to the initial position and repeat
Crunches are a cool and easy morning exercise that strengthens your abdominal muscles and helps you lose the extra weight, too! The workout strains your abs, burning out the calories on each pull.
- Lie flat on your back on a floor or mat
- Bend your knees, keeping your feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart
- Place your arms behind your head, and lift your shoulder blades off the mat gently
- Lower yourself back with slow and steady motion
Jump rope is an effective form of cardio exercise. It helps strengthen your calf muscles and improve the elasticity of the surrounding tendons and fascia, and reduce the risk of lower-leg injuries, as well.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart
- Hold the jumping rope with both your hands on sides
- Now initiate the jump by swinging the skipping rope overhead and back to the initial position
- Repeat for at least 1 minute at the initial stage and gradually increase it once you get comfortable with it
Do you want a full body workout in minutes? Wake up your cores, glutes, chest, and triceps with a few sets of burpees!
- Stand straight with closed feet
- Now squat down and keep your hands on the floor
- Firmly planting your hands on the floor, jump your feet back and land with straight legs
- Now lower yourself down to a push-up position until the chest touches the floor
- Keeping your hands on the floor, pop your feet back into a squat using hips
- Explode into a jump and land on your feet softy
- Now repeat the workout for around 1 minute
Master the art of controlling your mind and body through yoga exercises! Practicing yoga early in the morning boosts your metabolism and eases out your stress hormones. Yoga releases your happy hormones, keeping you fresh and alive all day long while enhancing your concentration power and endurance, which will help save you on your worst days.
- Start with a sun salutation pose and then go on with few like a downward facing dog, trikonasana, boat pose, etc.
Social Media Post:
Start your day ☀with some easy morning exercises🧘♀ and keep yourself feeling awesome throughout!😁❣️
Do these 9⃣ helpful workouts at home as soon as you roll out of bed!🛌
📌Click the link to read more➡